- Generative AI capabilities offer guided workflows and comprehensive task lists
- Rubrik AI-Powered Cyber Recovery aims to minimise data loss and reduce downtime
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security company, introduces Rubrik AI-Powered Cyber Recovery, new generative AI capabilities for VMware customers. With generative AI and large language models (LLMs), the new solution helps administrators make difficult decisions after cyberattacks to minimise data loss and reduce downtime. In addition, the features enable backup administrators to use recommended task lists and guided workflows to ensure efficient data recovery and maintain cyber resilience.
For enterprise virtual machines, cyberattacks are one of the biggest threats. Maintaining cyber resilience in the face of cyberattacks requires the ability to quickly and securely recover critical data such as virtual machines. With traditional backup solutions, recovery from cyberattacks often involves manual and time-consuming processes that require highly skilled IT professionals. Despite these tedious processes, organisations still face incomplete recoveries and data loss when restoring data from an early backup. According to Rubrik Zero Labs’ recent State of Data Security report, only 24 per cent of businesses surveyed in Germany were able to fully recover their data after a ransomware attack, even after paying the ransom demand.
“Cyberattacks can be very unpredictable. The complexity and sophistication of these threats make it much more difficult for businesses to recover data quickly, securely and with minimal data loss,” explains Anneka Gupta, Chief Product Officer at Rubrik. “We know that every minute counts during a cyber attack. Rubrik AI-Powered Cyber Recovery helps organisations use every second to get their mission-critical systems and data back up and running. Generative AI will be key to our goal of securing the world’s data – helping our customers achieve true cyber resilience more effectively.”
With Rubrik AI-Powered Cyber Recovery, organisations can:
- Improve Recovery Point Objective (RPO) with clean, up-to-date data: step-by-step guidance on recovering unaffected files from the most recent snapshot, as well as affected files from the snapshot before a suspicious threat is detected – all on a clean virtual machine created from a Gold Master Template.
- Eliminate the risk of malware re-infection through secure virtual machine recovery: Identify vSphere templates to reconstruct clean and secure virtual machines and avoid introducing undiscovered vulnerabilities into the operating system.
- Minimise application downtime with AI-powered task lists: IT teams will receive clear recommendations on which snapshot or files to select for a clean and successful recovery thanks to Rubrik’s data analytics built into Azure OpenAI.
This announcement follows Rubrik’s recent collaboration with Microsoft, which announced the integration of Rubrik Security Cloud with Microsoft Sentinel and Azure OpenAI Service to accelerate cyber recovery through the use of generative AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP). Rubrik is committed to finding new ways to use AI in cyber recovery. Companies can thereby reduce the time needed to investigate and respond to cyberattacks, which strengthens overall cyberresilience.