Munich Federal Police Headquarters: Increased Wiesn operations for the Federal Police due to acts of violence

September 22, 2023

On 21 September, several assaults and acts of resistance were committed against federal police officers, as well as other acts in connection with Wiesn travellers.

  • Shortly after midnight, two men clashed on the mezzanine floor of Munich Central Station. A 23-year-old from Schwabing asked a 29-year-old from Püttlingen in southern Saarland (both Germans) for a cigarette. Shortly afterwards, the younger man, who was asking, punched the older man, who was wearing a Bayern jersey and had come from the Bayern – ManU CL match, in the face. The 29-year-old, who had 1.12 per mille of alcohol, retaliated.
    When the police arrived, both men were in each other’s arms and said they had settled the matter between themselves. At the police station, the 23-year-old filed a complaint against his adversary. The federal police are investigating the two men for mutual assault. The older man was accompanied by a 20-year-old woman from Schwabing, who at first refused to give her personal details and then feigned a false identity. Only an almost-ID, which was enforced by means of coercion, provided the personal details of the German woman, who was 2.24 per mille intoxicated and who is now also being investigated for an administrative offence (§ 111 OWiG).
  • At around 10:45 p.m., there was an act of resistance against law enforcement officers on platform 5 of Munich’s Ostbahnhof railway station. A 36-year-old German man had previously been found by the S-Bahn inspection service without a ticket on the S8 (Marienplatz – Hauptbahnhof). After allegedly assaulting the DB officials, he was brought to the ground by the security guards. He did not follow the officers’ instructions, but instead insulted them and spat at their feet.
    The man from Haar near Munich is being investigated by the Federal Police for resisting law enforcement officers. After all police measures had been taken, he was free to leave the police station. Neither the 36-year-old nor the officers were injured.
  • At around 11:05 p.m. on Wednesday (still 20 September), there was resistance and assault against Federal Police officers at the Hackerbrücke.
    At the staircase leading down to the tracks, a 49-year-old German man with a blood alcohol level of 2.14 per mille grabbed the waistcoat of a federal police officer after verbal banter. The man from Niedenstein in the Schwalm-Eder district of North Hesse was brought to the ground by police officers. When he was taken to the police car, he repeatedly resisted the arrest. A 50-year-old female companion (a Pole) interfered with the measures and subsequently also hit the officers. Neither the two men in temporary custody nor the federal police officers were injured.
    Both are being investigated by the Federal Police for resisting and assaulting law enforcement officers.
  • At 5:15 p.m., the S-Bahn inspection service at Pasing station asked the federal police to check the identity of the man. A 22-year-old German from Tutzing, district of Starnberg, was travelling without a ticket and refused to provide personal details. During the search for identity papers, he resisted the federal police officers. He also tried to evade the control several times. During the search, a small amount of marijuana was found. After all police measures had been taken, the man was free to leave the police station. He is being investigated by the Federal Police for resisting and assaulting law enforcement officers, as well as for fraudulent use of services and violating the Narcotics Act. Neither the 22-year-old nor the officers were injured.
  • Civil courage by 31-year-old:
    Shortly before midnight, a 21-year-old man and a woman (both German), who was one year older than him, got into a verbal argument at Starnberg’s wing station, which initially degenerated into insults. Shortly afterwards, the man abruptly punched the woman in the face and then wrestled her to the ground. The woman’s thrombosis stockings were torn. On the floor the 21-year-old then punched the woman several times in the face. A 31-year-old German from Augsburg was sitting on a bench and courageously intervened when he noticed the violence. He also made himself available as a witness, which is why he missed his train and was only able to start his journey home at around 3.30 a.m. The assaulted 22-year-old was then attacked by a woman. The 22-year-old woman from Pasing who had been attacked complained of pain, over her forehead, above her eye, in her jaw and of headaches. In addition, her right knee was scraped. It is not known to what extent a previous relationship existed. The 21-year-old from Immendingen in the district of Tuttlingen, Baden-Württemberg, is now being investigated by the federal police for insult and bodily harm.
  • A patrol of the Federal Police was informed of a fire on platform 11 at Munich Central Station at around 4 pm. A pile of cardboard had been set on fire by one or more unknown persons. There was a lot of smoke at the scene. The flames were quickly extinguished by federal police officers with a fire extinguisher from a nearby travel agency. Now images from the video recording are being analysed to track down the alleged arsonists.

Related Articles

Construction and industry find it difficult to obtain loans

Construction and industry find it difficult to obtain loans

Ifo Institute survey for June shows increase in banks' reluctance to lend It is not only the order situation for construction and industry that remains difficult, but also financing. According to a new survey by the ifo Institute (, 27.1 per cent of...

Share This