On the 16th May 2023, after countless and controversial collective bargaining negotiations, some of which were accompanied by strikes, a collective agreement was reached for the 25,000 employees in aviation security. The collective bargaining parties BDLS, ver.di and dbb tarifunion reached an agreement on the issues of time bonuses and executive allowances.
The agreement in detail:
- Night supplement to be paid on Sundays and public holidays in parallel and in addition to the Sunday and public holiday supplement – as of 1 June 2023
- Increase in public holiday bonus from 100% to 125% – from 17 May 2023
- Treat Whitsun and Easter Sundays as public holidays – from 17 May 2023
- Increase Sunday supplement from 40% to 50% – from 1 June 2023
- Increase night surcharge from 15% to 20% from 22-6 h – from 1 July 2023
- Extension of the time window for night work from 21-6 h – from 1 January 2024
- Increase night supplement from 20 % to 25 % and extension of time window from 20-6 h – from 1 January 2025
- Introduction of executive allowances from 1 July 2023
- Cert. Supervisors (level 1) €1.75
- Level 1 managers (level 2) 2.50 €
- Level 2 managers € 3.50
- Certified trainers € 2.50
Vested rights for existing more favourable agreements
The parties to the collective agreement have agreed on a declaration period until 2 June 2023. The agreement poses great challenges for the employers’ side and will not be easy to implement in economic terms. At the end of the year, negotiations for a new collective agreement on pay will be held.